Monday, November 22, 2010

You Know You Live in Bama When...

Okay, so I know I should be working but I just had to share this with all of y'all (yes that is proper Alabama grammar). This little feller was apparently killed today by a Decatur Parks and Rec worker while mowing the grass around the Point Mallard Golf Course. I don't know what kind of snake it is, but in my book the only good snake is a dead snake. I do, however, know the following...

You know you live in Alabama when:
a) even the guys who cut grass for a living are this good-looking
b) you wear shorts and snake boots together and nobody gives you a second glance
c) the grass isn't brown and still needs to be mowed in November
d) you hold up a hacked-apart snake on a stick for your buddies to take pictures.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I am definitely thinking that one is poisonous! Look at the big ol' triangular head, and it almost looks like rattles down at the tip of the tail. It freaks me out just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to crash the party, but this wasn't taken at Point Mallard! It is an Eastern Diamondback and that is not one of our employees. Evidently this picture has been circulated online for a while now and was most likely taken in Florida.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/swamper/4924409850/

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry, was taken in Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Georgia is close enough to make me watch out while in the woods. Wait, what am I talking about? I don't play in the woods at all!

    ReplyDelete