Thursday, April 14, 2011

In the Cards


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11


From the very beginning of my pregnancy with Grayson, I called him my surprise. A friend commented very early on that sometimes God gives us what we need rather than what we want. Now as I sit here at my kitchen table listening to the click-clack of the baby swing in the living room, I know just how true that statement was.


Even though I didn't recognize it as God's plan at the time, I can't imagine our lives without Grayson. He's only been here a week and he has already added something to our family that I didn't know was missing. I've realized he was in the plan for us the entire time...I just hadn't bothered to read that far ahead! Grayson needed us and we needed him. It was already in the cards!


No comments:

Post a Comment